3 entries tagged webfont

Why my Web Fonts Suddenly Stopped Working

New versions of browsers have come out that extend the Access-Control-Allow-Origin header to control access to fonts as well as to JavaScript files. This means that on all my sites—personal and professional—that use webfonts, they have reverted to using default fonts, with ugly results. Read more

Slimming My Blog Page

After reading the text version of a talk by Maciej Cegłowski titled The Web Obesity Epidemic I felt pretty smug because I thought I had redesigned my blog on reasonably minimal lines. Then I checked and was chagrined to discover a recent entry page was 1.01 MB compared with Maciej Cegłowski’s entire talk weighing in at slightly less than 1 MB. I decided to try to work out where I went wrong. Read more